Archive for February, 2015
Ah, another day (and year) in the gaming world. SOE gone! An actual VR platform is imminent (and will be so for a long, long time even post-release). Mobile gaming turned either experimental or cutesy.
What more is there? Well for me, I’m about to download Evolve. Other games on my 2015 horizon, in no particular order :
- The Division : MMORPG meets cover-shooter meets post-apocalyptic New York. At PAX Australia, this was my personal highlight, absolutely.
- The Witness : Jonathon Blow’s return to the Myst-style puzzler, whatever, it looks great.
- Star Citizen : I played Elite Dangerous and was sorely disappointed after the VR novelty wore off. Worried SC might be similar but I’ll give it a shot.
- Ghost of a Tale : A little adventure game as a dungeon-delving mouse, looks cute and fun.
- Eve : Valkyrie : Will the VR novelty wear thin on this one? I’m willing to risk it…
- The Witcher 3 : I kind of liked the Witcher 2, but after playing Dragon Age Inquisition, I wonder if my taste for openworld RPGs has faded (if it even really existed).
- Battleborn : Jury is out on Gearbox’s upcoming MOBA but the trailer looked cool enough.
- No Man’s Sky : Super-duper universe-scale exploration MMO, which sounds quite boring if my experience in Elite is anything to compare against.
And that’s about it. My next post will be a review of Evolve. If you’re excited about a game this year, leave a comment! I’d like to learn if I’ve missed anything awesome.